Thursday, December 10, 2009

Part 2

Monday, I attended the annual Lutefisk Lunch with some of my favorite co-workers, which is awesome if you like fish jello and aquavit. I bravely ate two bites of the coagulated fish, and learned a lot of its history. If you don’t know about it, imagine the marriage of St. Francis of Assisi (he’s the one who put ashes on everything, right?) and the Hannukah story (think famine, oil, and miracles.) After lunch there was a festive tailgate party in the Ikea parking lot that involved a tiny shot of line aquavit, which I learned means aquavit that has crossed back and forth across the equator in its oak cask. I guess that's the best aquavit, the stuff that has crossed the equator, but I didn't learn why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm excited to report that the author Celeste Ng has selected m y modern love essay to read for the Modern Love podcast next week. Suc...